- Zimbabwe is located in southern Africa with a population of approximately 14million people.
- The official languages are English, Shona and Ndebele.
- Zimbabwe gained its independence from Britain in 1980.
- It is now under a unity government that is composed of the ruling party, Zanu PF and the opposition, MDC. The President and Commander-in-Chief is Robert Mugabe and Morgan Tsvangirai is the Prime Minister.
Why Acta Non Verba – Zimbabwe?
- Zimbabwe is a case study in world economics due to hyper inflation and extreme poverty faced by the population.
- The unemployment rate is over 95%. The average lifespan for males is 49. One quarter of the children in Zimbabwe are orphans.
- Zimbabwe boasts of a literacy rate of 92%, the highest in Africa but education remains inaccessible to the masses due to the cost of school fees.
- The medical system is almost nonexistent due to the emigration of doctors, constant strikes by health care providers and the shutting down of the 3 major hospitals in the country leaving only one functional.
- Medication remains inaccessible to the extent that even malaria, cholera and T.B are still rampant yet the first world has long since eradicated them.
There’s still hope – Join Us!
Read more about Zimbabwe at the links below: